NEW! - GI-Bill TrainingFind VA-Approved Schools
Find Aviation Schools Flight SchoolsAircraft Maintenance TrainingHelicopter SchoolsFlight Dispatcher CoursesAir Traffic Controller SchoolsAviation Management DegreesAvionics Technician TrainingCertified Flight Instructor TrainingFlight Instructor TrainingInternational Aviation SchoolsInstrument Rating CoursesMulti Engine TrainingSeaplane Rating CoursesSport Pilot SchoolsTime Building SchoolsTurbine & Jet Transition CoursesType Rating CoursesUnmanned Aircraft Systems
Pilot Weather &
Standard Briefing Resources
We've compiled what we think are the most useful sites for aviation weather and flight planning. Check out our list of the best pilot weather and standard briefing resources below. Please let us know if you think we missed any good sites and we'll be happy to add them.
Best "Big Picture" Weather Sites
- NOAA Aviation Weather Center - NOAA's ADDS National Weather Service
- US Turbulence Maps
- US Icing Maps
- US Convection Maps
- US Winds Aloft Maps
- US Prog Charts (forecast weather)
- US METARs
- US Ceiling and Visibility Maps
- US TAFs (Terminal Area Forecasts)
- US PIREPS (Pilot Reports)
- US AIRMETS Maps
- US Satellite Maps
- US Radar Maps
- US TAF and METAR Map - Instant View of N. America Airport Weather
- Weather Underground MOBILE - Super fast weather conditions for mobile devices
- N. America radar picture - Weather radar for the USA
- The Weather Channel - Current weather headlines and forecasts
Standard Briefing and Flight Plan Filing - FREE Sites
- CSC Duats - Registration required. Service is free. Includes weather maps and reports, custom aircraft profiles, full FAA standard briefing reports, and flight plan filing.
- DTC DUAT - Registration required. Service is free. Includes mobile version, weather maps and reports, custom aircraft profiles, full FAA standard briefing reports, and flight plan filing.
- FLTPlan.com - Registration required. Service is free. Full service weather and briefing, including flight plan filing, weather, eAPIS manifest filing.
- European and NAT flight planning - Registration required. Service is free. Full weather briefing with NOTAMS. Navigation logs with winds aloft. Filed plans can be managed (DLA etc) via smart-phone web browser or SMS.
- Flight Aware - Registration required. Service is free. Flight Aware claims their flight plans are more accurate because weight and temp. are calculated. Fuel discounts may be available by filing through Flight Aware.