NEW! - GI-Bill TrainingFind VA-Approved Schools
Find Aviation Schools Flight SchoolsAircraft Maintenance TrainingHelicopter SchoolsFlight Dispatcher CoursesAir Traffic Controller SchoolsAviation Management DegreesAvionics Technician TrainingCertified Flight Instructor TrainingFlight Instructor TrainingInternational Aviation SchoolsInstrument Rating CoursesMulti Engine TrainingSeaplane Rating CoursesSport Pilot SchoolsTime Building SchoolsTurbine & Jet Transition CoursesType Rating CoursesUnmanned Aircraft Systems
Flight Dispatcher Training Courses
By Kyle Garrett
In order to be eligible to become a flight dispatcher, you'll need to be a high school graduate. Of course, the more education you have, the better, as airlines prefer to hire dispatchers with college degrees, and you'll be competing in a tight job market. If you want to become a flight dispatcher, the time to start your training is now. However, keep in mind that you must be at least 21 to take the Aircraft Dispatcher Knowledge Test (written) and you must be at least 23 to hold an FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate.
Where to Find Flight Dispatcher Training
You can train to become a flight dispatcher in one of three ways:
1. Graduate from a college or vocational training school's Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) approved flight dispatcher course.
2. Work for at least one year as an apprentice and under the direct supervision of an FAA certified flight dispatcher.
3. Work for two of the last three preceding years as an air traffic controller, either in the military or civilian sectors
Learn more about flight dispatcher certification.
Flight Dispatcher Schools
When you attend a college or school offering flight dispatcher training, you'll learn aircraft performance specifications, how air traffic is routed in the National Airspace System by air traffic controllers, how aircraft use navigation and communications systems and facilities, aviation weather analysis, weight and balance calculations, and of course, federal aviation regulations. Some schools offer specialized training and accelerated courses which prepare you to take the FAA flight dispatcher certification exams. Keep in mind you must already meet the other requirements before enrolling in one of these courses. Learn more about flight dispatcher training.
More Flight Dispatcher Career And Training Info
Flight Dispatcher Articles
- Flight Dispatcher Careers
- Flight Dispatcher Training
- Flight Dispatcher Salaries
- Flight Dispatcher Certification
- Flight Dispatcher Jobs
- Airline Dispatcher Job Description
Online Aviation Programs, Degrees, and Training Articles
- Online Aviation Programs
- Three Benefits Of Online Aviation Programs
- Three Things To Consider Before Enrolling In An Online Aviation Program