Find Top-Paying Fixed Wing Pilot Jobs in Lewiston, ID
With the BEST
School/Training for YOU! INQUIRE HERE
Helicopter Factoid for Lewiston, IDs for Lewiston, ID
Post World War II: The size of the program increased during 1945 to approximately three times what it was in 1944. With the end of the war in Europe, the War Department closed hundreds of bases. To align Chanute Field to a purely technical training mission, all helicopter pilot training moved to Sheppard Field, a Flying Training Command base near Wichita Falls, Texas in June 1945. Eighteen helicopters were transferred.
Aviation History for Lewiston, ID and Fun Facts for Lewiston, ID
under FAR 43.3 perform some preventive maintenance where preventive is defined with an explicit list of tasks in Appendix A to FAR 43. If the pilot were to perform for example an oil change he or she is required to log the maintenance in the aircraft's logbooks and include his or her certificate number in the log entry.
The end of World War II left the helicopter training program in a state of confusion. Training Command suspended all training in early October 1945 and by the end of the month little remained of the school. The Army Air forces offered no incentives for the men to stay with the program, and more than 75 percent of the personnel left the service. By the middle of October, there was just one qualified helicopter pilot remaining to act as an instructor, and he was a recent graduate of the school.