Aircraft Flight Dispatcher Training in Florence, KY
Some flight dispatcher training schools in Florence, KY offer specialized training and accelerated courses that prepare flight dispatcher students from Florence, KY to take the FAA flight dispatcher certification exams. Keep in mind you must already meet the other requirements before enrolling in one of the flight dispatcher training courses in Florence, KY.
If you attend a college or vocational school in Florence, KY offering flight dispatcher training, you'll learn all about aircraft performance specifications, how air traffic is routed in the National Airspace System by air traffic controllers, how aircraft use navigation and communications systems and facilities, aviation weather analysis, weight and balance calculations, and of course, federal aviation regulations.
Flight Dispatchers in Florence, KY serve as one of the most crucial components of the entire airline operation. Flight dispatchers fromFlorence, KY are licensed airmen, certified by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Flight dispatchers from Florence, KY must undergo extensive testing and training to earn this highly sought after certificate, and must pass both an extensive oral examination and the comprehensive written Aircraft Dispatcher test.
The Aircraft or Flight Dispatcher tests are equivalent to the Air Transport Pilot (ATP) written and oral examinations that airline pilots take as part of their licensing procedure. They are, in essence, pilots on the ground, and are as legally liable for the aircraft as is the pilot in the cockpit.
In order to be eligible to become a flight dispatcher in Florence, KY, you'll need to be a high school graduate. Of course, the more education you have, the better, as airlines prefer to hire dispatchers with college degrees, and you'll be competing in a tight job market.
If you want to become a Florence, KY flight dispatcher, the time to start your training is now. However, keep in mind that you must be at least 21 to take the Aircraft Dispatcher Knowledge Test (written) and you must be at least 23 to hold an FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate.
The role of an aircraft dispatcher in Florence, KY is important and complex. They are the ground-based eyes and ears for the pilot in the air. Regulations stemming from the FAA hold both the pilot and the dispatcher as being equally responsible for the safety of the flight. Working jointly with the pilot, the dispatcher draws up a flight plan that will allow the aircraft to arrive at its destination safely and as cost-efficiently as possible.
Flight dispatchers from Florence, KY follow the developing weather along the route as well as at the final destination. They ensure the aircraft has all the provisions (fuel, food, etc.) needed to make the flight safely. They also track the flight to ensure it remains on course per the flight plan, keeping all ground support personnel aware of its progress.
Where to Find Flight Dispatcher Training in Florence, KY
You can train to become a flight dispatcher in one of three ways:
1. Graduate from a college or vocational training school's Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) approved flight dispatcher course in Florence, KY.
2. Work for at least one year as an apprentice and under the direct supervision of an FAA certified flight dispatcher.
3. Work for two of the last three preceding years as an air traffic controller, either in the military or civilian sectors
With the BEST
School/Training for YOU! INQUIRE HERE
Florence, KY Flight Dispatchers Job Description
Florence, KY Flight Dispatchers are licensed airmen certificated by the Federal Aviation Administration and have joint responsibility with the captain for the safety and operational control of flights under his/her guidance.
Flight Dispatchers from Florence, KY authorize, regulate, and control commercial airline flights according to government and company regulations to expedite and ensure the safety of flight by performing the following tasks:
- responsible for economics, passenger service and operational control of day to day flight operations.
- analyze and evaluate meteorological information to determine potential hazards to the safety of flight and to select the most desirable and economic route of flight.
- compute the amount of fuel required for the safe completion of flight according to the type of aircraft, the distance of the flight, maintenance limitations, weather conditions and minimum fuel requirements prescribed by federal aviation regulations.
- prepare flight plans containing information such as maximum allowable takeoff and landing weights, weather reports, field conditions, NOTAMS and many other informational components required for the safe completion of the flight.
- prepare and signs the dispatch release which is the legal document providing authorization for a flight to depart.
- delay or cancel flights if unsafe conditions threaten the safety of his/her aircraft or passengers.
- monitor weather conditions, aircraft position reports, and aeronautical navigation charts to evaluate the progress of the flight.
- update the pilot in command of significant changes to weather or flight plan and recommends flight plan alternates, such as changing course, altitude and, if required, enroute landings in the interest of safety and economy.
- originate and disseminate flight information to others in his/her company including stations and reservations. This is the source of information provided to the traveling public.
Flight Dispatchers from Florence, KY have undergone extensive training to have earned the coveted Flight Dispatcher's certificate having taken and passed both an extensive oral examination and the comprehensive Dispatch ADX test, administered by the Federal Aviation Administration. These tests are equivalent to the same Air Transport Pilot (ATP) written and oral examinations that an airline captain must successfully complete.
Flight Dispatchers from Florence, KY participate in frequent and detailed recurrent training courses covering aircraft systems, company operations policy, meteorology and Federal Air Regulations as required by the FAA.
Flight Dispatcher Salaries in Florence, KY
How much do flight dispatchers from Florence, KY make? PayScale.com reports that flight dispatchers from Florence, KY with 1-4 years experience make between $31,000 and $46,000, and those with more than five years experience earn between $40,000 and $92,000 per year.
AvJobs.com reports that the highest-paid dispatchers from Florence, KY can earn $110,000 per year.
According to Careers.StateUniversity.com, flight dispatcher salaries in >Florence, KY vary depending on the dispatcher's experience, size of the operation, location, and size of the airport. Starting salaries can be as low as $20,000 per year and top out at over $100,000 annually. Learn about flight dispatcher training.
Flight Dispatcher Benefits
Other flight dispatcher benefits in Florence, KY may include health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, and travel benefits (if airline employed) for you and your immediate family, including free or reduced airfares and discounts at major hotels. Another possible benefit of working for an airline is being able to ride in the cockpit jumpseat. Dispatchers are required to fly in the jumpseat at least five hours per year as part of their recurrent training, but dispatchers are also allowed to fly in the jumpseat on their own airline, and most other airlines, anywhere, anytime the jumpseat is available. Get more information about flight dispatcher jobs.
Aviation History for Florence, KY and Fun Facts for Florence, KY
Modern Day Military Pilot Training for Florence, KY: Candidates for flight training can be no younger than 18 and no older than 32 when they begin their training. They must pass a special Flying Duty Medical Examination, FDME 1/A, which is available to candidates who have passed the Flight Aptitude Selection Test. The FDME includes body-size requirements, such as a sitting height of 40.15 inches or less and arm reach of 64.56 inches or more. Vision, hearing, pulse, blood-pressure and laboratory tests are also required.
Helicopter Factoid for Florence, KYs for Florence, KY
Helicopter Factoid for Florence, KYs for Florence, KY
Eurocopter Superpuma: The AS332 L1 is a twin engine medium-weight civil helicopter equipped with a new avionics glass cockpit.Its operational characteristics and its large cabin explain its success particularly for passenger transport.