Fixed Wing Flight Schools Layton, UT
So, you have decided that you want to learn to fly a fixed wing aircraft? We applaud your decision... it's a life changer. If your dream is to become a fixed wing pilot, then our goal is to help you find and research the perfect fixed wing flight schools in the Layton, UT area.
Our recommendation is that you call and speak with one of our flight school specialists and let us help you find the perfect fixed wing flight school near Layton, UT. Our desire is to assist, coach, and guide prospective fixed wing pilots living in the Layton, UT area, helping you to reach your aviation dreams. Our hope is to walk you through the process of choosing the top flight school.
The type of fixed wing flight school you choose will make all the difference in the world. There may be a few fixed wing flight schools near Layton, UT, that promise to provide you with the training necessary to fulfill your dream of becoming a professional pilot. But how do you know if the school or program can help you with your specific aviation dreams?
Whether or not you are looking for a private pilot license or a commercial license, the flight school you choose will make or break you. Our recommendation is that you don't choose a school or program hastily. Get professional help by calling us today.
Fixed Wing Flight Training in the Layton, UT Area
We offer "coaching" and enrollment assistance to prospective students looking for fixed wing flight training in the Layton, UT area. This flight training may include: light sport training, private pilot training, instrument training, commercial training, and even CFI/CFII (flight instructor) training. We help prospective student pilots to find fixed wing flight training, even near the Layton, UT area if relocating is not an option. ASO can help you with fixed wing pilot schools that have competitive prices, professional & friendly instructors, and an excellent "safety" rating.
We also help prospective pilots to find financing options; student loans, scholarships, grants, VA educational benefits. Our hope is to help career-oriented students to secure funding to pay for their training.
One of the best ways to get financial support for fixed wing flight training in the Layton, UT area is to attend (enroll) into a professional pilot program associated with a lacal community college, 4-year college, or university. It might be in your best interest to a two or four-year degree in aviation science while earning your flight hours.
You may get your instrument rating through top fixed wing flight schools near Layton, UT as well. Please note: instrument rating teaches to fly in limited visibility, fog & clouds. You will learn to maneuver the aircraft by reference to instruments. In addition to enhancing your piloting skills, you will enhance your confidence and safety.
Fixed Wing Pilot Schools in Layton, UT
The cost to earn one of the fixed wing certificates varies, depending upon how many hours you need and what type of flight experience you already have. We encourage you to pick from one of the fixed wing pilot schools in Layton, UT, if unable to relocate, that will work with you to develop a custom school program.
For an airplane single-engine rating a person must log at least 40 hours of flight time that includes at least 20 hours of flight school from an authorized instructor and 10 hours of solo flight school. The school must include at least:
- 3 hours of cross-country flight school
- 3 hours of night flight school that includes:
- One cross-country flight of over 100 nautical miles total distance
- 10 takeoffs and 10 landings to a full stop (with each landing involving a flight in the traffic pattern) at an airport.
- 3 hours of flight school on the control and maneuvering of an airplane solely by reference to instruments, including straight and level flight, constant airspeed climbs and descents, turns to a heading, recovery from unusual flight attitudes, radio communications, and the use of navigation systems/facilities and radar services appropriate to instrument flight.
- 3 hours of flight school in preparation for the practical test.
- 10 hours of solo flight time consisting of at least:
- 5 hours of solo cross-country time
- One solo cross-country flight of at least 150 nautical miles total distance, with full-stop landings at a minimum of three points
- Three takeoffs and three landings to a full stop (with each landing involving a flight in the traffic pattern) at an airport with an operating control tower
Always remember: Flight school for fixed wing should be completed in the best aircraft possible.
Aviation Training History and Facts for Layton, UT
Helicopter Pilot Jobs for Layton, UT Helicopter pilot jobs range from sightseeing and aerial photography to working with emergency rescue groups or news-gathering agencies. Other career opportunities include instruction, forestry, surveying and mapping, heavy-lifting, and flying for the military.
Fun Helicopter and Airplane Facts for Layton, UT
Eurocopter EC145: The Ultimate, Multi-Role Helicopter In operations on land and at sea, the EC145 is at the top of its class in the medium-sized, twin-engine helicopter category. With up to 12 seats for pilots and passengers.